In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simplicity

Ok, so.

I was just reading someones blog and realized how I needed to write in mine.. I haven't written in way too long. There's been a few times since my last entry that I've said 'I should write today! ....nah,..' so I didn't. But one of the blogs I just read was.. inspiring.. in a way.

I'm sitting in the campus library, read a joke in their blog entry, and tried my hardest to contain my laughter. It wasn't one of those little girly giggles, just a simple and pure laugh of enjoyment and knowing something was absolutely hilarious. Funny thing is, the joke was just random. I love random jokes, but this is one of the best, and I don't know why, but I laughed and shook and tried to breathe until the tears squeezed from my eyes and the guy sitting two seats over came to look at what was wrong with me. He proceeded to read the entry, and when he got to the joke, started laughing  too. So, I know its not just me =] 

Funny aside, it reminded me of how simple things can be. We live in a world where EVERYTHING has been made so stinking confusing and complex that sometimes we don't know up from down. Am I right? Society has forgotten that we're just here to live.. just to live, thats all. God put us here because He wants us here. Ta-da! End of entry. ... just kidding. But really, how often do we walk through a park and see intricate details in flower petals, or have our day made by a 3 year old who came up to us on a 'bad day' and made us laugh? Simple things are what make everyday lives better. Do you smell the rain? Hear the wind? When was the last time you looked at the stars for more than a passing glance, or how about watching for fireflies?? Maybe if we notice these things more we'll have a better appreciation for life... 

Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering what the joke was that provoked this blog entry, so here it is:

Why did the boy fall off the swing???

He was hit by a piano!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment