In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Be My Everything.. (My Heart #7)

(written January 4, 2010)


I recently went to a young adults retreat at Lake Ann Camp called THE BREAK, and thats exactly what it was, a break. A much needed one at that. It was great to get away for a while, the speakers were great, and the worship was awesome. The speakers spoke about genuine faith, pain, defeat, discouragement, and some other things. The things that got me the most were the messages on pain, defeat, and discouragement. It hit me hard when the speaker told us thats what he was going to be talking about all weekend, but it was anxious to hear what he had to say about it because thats kind of what my life was like this past year. There was painful stuff, defeat, discouragement, and everything in between. Anyway, his messages were good, and helped a lot.

....And then we celebrated new year =) a new year reminded me that God forgives and I didn't have to think about last year anymore.. because it was last year. Sort of like sin. Once it happens, and God forgives us, its gone. Audio Adrenaline wrote a song about it being 'on the ocean floor'.. and thats so true. Its gone.. forever.

So, I decided this year is going to be different. Tenth Avenue North wrote a song called You Are. The chorus says this, "I give You all of me, for all You are, here I am, take me apart..take me apart.." ..and thats what I want. I want to give God all of me because of who He is. That statement brings me to the song below. We sang it at the retreat, and its about wanting God to be our everything. About Him being evident in EVERY aspect of our lives. Thats exactly what I want.




Everything - Tim Hughes


God in my living. There in my breathing
God in my waking. God in my sleeping

God in my resting. There in my working
God in my thinking. God in my speaking

Be my everything, Be my everything
Be my everything, Be my everything

God in my hoping. There in my dreaming
God in my watching. God in my waiting
God in my laughing. There in my weeping
God in my hurting. God in my healing

Be my everything, Be my everything
Be my everything, Be my everything

Christ in me, Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything

Christ in me, Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything

You are everything, You are everything
You are everything, You are everything

Jesus, Everything, Jesus, Everything
Jesus, Everything, Jesus, Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment