In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Little Encouragement (My Heart #8)

Psalm 62:5-6 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.  


Micah 7:8-9 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord, Because I have sinned against Him, Until He pleads my case And executes justice for me. He will bring me forth to the light; I will see His righteousness.  


Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans of peace and not of evil; to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me, and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me, and find Me, when you search for Me with ALL your heart."  


- So, these three sets of verses mean an awful lot to me..I'll try some explanations..:  


- Set one: One of the speakers last weekend told us how he had been at a meeting, and the others were saying things that weren't exactly nice, and instead of lashing out with words, he kept repeating the first set of verses over and over in his head, "..wait SILENTLY for God alone.." you know, how often do we do that.. wait silently? By nature we want to defend ourselves and lash right back at the other people. Silence is a hard concept for most people. We do so much in our everyday lives that involves talking.. reality is: its hard to be silent. But, I don't think the silence here is only referring to speech, its referring to a quiet heart to God. Kinda like in Psalm 46:10 "..Be still and know that I AM GOD.." Some translations say "wait patiently", which goes along with "be still.." Silence. Wait for God. -


-Set two: I love how this one sounds so definite: "..When I fall, I WILL arise.." it doesn't say I might arise.. it says I WILL arise. Israel is confessing that she knows she sinned against God, knows she will pay the consequences, but also knows that God will forgive and bring her back to Him. How awesome is that? Do we have that mindset? The mindset of "I know I sinned, God will forgive me, and bring me back to Him, and I will pay the consequences because I messed up, but God will bring me back to Him" .. maybe we ought to have this mindset, eh? I think so.


-Set three: this is one of my all time favorite passages. It gives me so much encouragement when I'm down to know that whatever is happening is part of God's plan and it will work out. Its also awesome to know that God will listen when we pray, he says so right in verse 12. And then in verse 13... when I read this the first time I stopped completely: "You will seek me and find Me, when you search for Me with ALL your heart". (all isn't capitalized in the Bible, I did that) to me, its just God saying, 'hey, I love you, and want to be sought after with all of your heart, I don't deserve to be any other priority than your first..' and He doesn't. That verse wouldn't hit so hard without the little word 'all'. But thats just it, when we search for God, we will find Him. And I so want to find Him!


So, how about you? What is your response to these verses? ..are you searching for something that you can't find and you still feel an empty hole inside no matter what you try to fill it with? Maybe you should let God in, and He will fill that hole

No comments:

Post a Comment