In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

.."I can see you, and thats all that matters".. (My Heart #3)

(written November 8, 2009)

So, this morning I tried out a new church in Ludington. The pastor told this story: 

Theres a young boy whose house catches on fire and he makes it to the roof. His father, however, made it outside and is calling to him on the rooftop. All the boy sees is smoke and flames. The father keeps calling, "son, jump, I'll catch you" but the boy is afraid because he can't see him. His father calls again, "son, jump, I'll catch you" to which the boy replies, "but I can't see you!". The father replies, "I can see you, and thats all that matters"

think about it for a minute..

Father:"Son, jump, I'll catch you!"
Son: "but I can't see!"
Father: ..."I can see you and thats all that matters"...




How often is that a conversation we ourselves have with God? We get so scared because we can't see past the flames and smoke in our own lives and we know that He is there, but because we can't see God, we get too scared to jump. He's calling us to a life where situations like that will be abundant. "Son, jump, I'll catch you", how promising is that?! God says He'll catch us.. and sometimes we won't jump ..just because we can't see.. For me, the concept is really challenging, because I struggle with things like this all the time. I know God is there, but I question.. and I don't jump. It often becomes a question of what would've happened if I had.. what would God have done? How would He have worked through me? ..but I won't know.

We can't always see Him, but thats going to happen, its called life. It all comes down to the point that we have to come to the place where when God says "jump", we jump, because He can see us, and thats all that matters.


"Jump" ... "I can see you, and thats all that matters"

No comments:

Post a Comment