In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a good first two days of this new year. Caleb and I spent the first few moments of 2012 with my great-grandma in her living room, popping green grapes into our mouthes. For as long as I can remember my family has always done the same thing for the first few moments of each new year: eating 12 green grapes and thinking of resolutions. This year it was different to spend it with my husband and great-grandma, but it was a great experience.

New Years morning was quite eventful, and because of that, "breakfast" at my grandparent's didn't happen until 1pm. After that we bummed around for the day and didn't leave for home until 5:30pm. A drive that should've taken us just under three hours, took us four and a half... I guess thats just one of the perks to living in Michigan, winter. We haven't really had much bad weather up until now, and this was really the first batch of snow/ice/sleet/etc., that our (and the surrounding) town has gotten. But anyway, the roads were bad and traffic wasn't moving very fast. We had the classic experience of a first storm of the year; being behind people who seemed to have forgotten how to drive in winter weather. We had a car in front of us slam on their breaks and decide they didn't need to use a turn signal, a genius fly by us going way too fast, and we even saw a motor home with its rear end in the ditch and its front end sticking up into the air...  yeah, it was a 'great' drive back. All in all, it was fine, we got back safely and without any issues. Praise God for that.

As of now, I'm sitting on the couch at my in-laws typing this. We're staying here for a few weeks until we move into our house. I'm sitting on the couch next to Caleb, remembering how convenient it was to have a working tv. At the other house there was a tv, but no cable or even five channels, just a tv. We watched a lot of dvds. Needless to say, there has been a lot of channel surfing since we sat down two hours ago :)

Well, I think that's all the updates I have for tonight, you'll probably hear from me tomorrow.
Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment