In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, January 23, 2012

Hands Of The Healer


Earlier today I was looking for songs to sing this Sunday during worship at youth group, and I came across this song. I had never heard it before, but really like the artist so I took a listen. It is such a beautiful song. 

I found it especially fitting for my thoughts today as I have been dealing with a few situations that are just heart-wrenching. Please keep our students in your prayers; they are going through some crazy things. Sometimes as adults I think that we assume middle and high school students have it soo easy. They really don't. Some are facing family issues, depression, suicidal thoughts, self-image issues, etc., and we don't even realize it. What we, as staff, keep asking is; "what is the root issue" and time and time again find out more situations our students are enduring. Their lives aren't as simple as some people think, and they are champs for not giving up. These kids are tough, but their souls are screaming for help. That's why we're here, for them. My desire is to love on these kids and show them they not only matter, but that they have worth, and that worth is from redeeming hands where blood flowed down, from the hands of the Healer. My prayer is that they will find themselves in those very same hands, bask in love's embrace, surrender, and let Him take care of them. 

Please join me in being a prayer warrior for these students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment