In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jumping In

What a busy morning! I've received more than my normal share of people coming and calling in with questions. It's been fun though :) I like to stay busy. And for the week before a brand new semester of classes start, it's not as busy as I'd expect.

So I'm back, like I said I would be last night. Here are some of our upcoming events:
  • Our trip to Maryland to take part in a baptism ceremony as godparents
  • Chaperoning a Middle School retreat
  • Finishing and moving into our house
  • Chaperoning a High School retreat
To go one by one, I'll start with the trip to Maryland. The beginning of last month we got a message from Caleb's cousins asking us to be godparents for their son. We were honored and said of course. So, this Thursday, we fly to Maryland. We're super excited to see the family, and to be apart of this special event.

Next, chaperoning the retreats will be fun, as always. Please pray that our students will be open and receptive to what God is going to teach them through these retreats, and that as leaders we will be able to be used for God's glory and helpful to our students.

Last but not least, we are looking forward to moving into our house more every day. I haven't been around much to work on it, but Caleb has, and we've been blessed to have people there working almost every day to help get the house ready. We're now down to the last few weeks before we move in, and mentally we are very much ready to get move in get settled. We just need to get appliances ordered and some other things finished up, and we'll be all set. Soo until then, its a waiting game.

That's all for now. If I don't write much more for a while, you'll know we're busy and have jumped into this new year at full throttle.

No comments:

Post a Comment