In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Jesus Loves Me.... Hallelujah!!"

This area is overwhelming. First, it's huge, and I'm a little country girl used to open spaces. Second, there's sooo many people. Third, although both of the previous statements are true; I love it.

Today was 60 degrees and sunny. We were playing with the kids outside in t-shirts, and loving it. There were pancakes, family, friends, a ninja themed birthday party, and a trip to Georgetown. Everything was great. I'm getting used to hearing people speak in Albanian, and loving being able to watch their exchanges. It gives me great joy to simply not understand the language and force myself to try and understand other things instead; body language, simple joys, and the way some of the family interacts. During the birthday party today, one of the men visiting came over, gestured toward me while speaking to someone else, and then that man turned to me and told me what had just been spoken in a language I didn't understand (besides the giant grin on the mans face); that man really liked me because every time he saw me I had a big smile, and he liked that. That made my heart happy. We couldn't understand each other verbally, but we did in a different way. For the record.. about the man who complimented my smile, his eyes light up when he smiles, and his smile gets bigger and his eyes get brighter when he is interacting with one of the kids. That makes me smile.

Things feel different here, and I am overwhelmed with a sense of family. There's family visiting, friends, and a college student who goes to the local university all here. It doesn't seem to matter where we all come from, or how different we are, everyone just carries on together. And in my opinion, that is how it should be. Not that I don't feel a sense of family with my family in Michigan, but this is somehow different, because of the different people.. ya know..?

Something else that overwhelms me is how I love being with the kids, and seeing how Caleb loves being with them too. It makes me anxious for one (or.. a few..) of our own, even though I know its not a good idea for us to have any right now. That's another waiting game. In His time.. it will happen, we know that :) But we also know that it's not a crime to look forward to it very much :)

Another highlight of the night was dinner, and the singing/performing of the youngest kid. This little girl was half naked, and kept running across the back of a few chairs (between a few people who were feeding her different things) singing her own rendition of Jesus Loves Me and the Hallelujah Chorus. It went something like "...Jesus loves me this I know...   Hallelujah!!!!..." and on & on she went. It was hilarious and encouraging all at the same time. Seeing someone that small singing about Jesus loving them is so precious. Lets just say that it didn't help me being anxious at all. "In His time.."

Well, before I post pictures, I'll tell you what tomorrow may bring. As far as we know, our godson's baptism is in the morning, brunch after that, and then we might go to a museum. We'll see how the day goes, and I'll let you know.

 I'm not sure who was having more fun, my husband or the kids ;) 

 Little ninjas.. all in a row

 Georgetown :)

Someone stole my camera.. hm.. I have no idea who it was.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment