In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, September 30, 2011

Beginning of Fall

It is in fact the last day of September, and even though fall is my favorite, I have to say that I wish this summer would've been longer. It went way too fast for my liking. October brings Halloween and decorations, pumpkin lattes (mmm..), warm clothes, hot cider, blowing leaves, and lots of other fun stuff. It also brings many different kind of illnesses that are contagious, which I will catch at least one of. Oh wait, I already have... =[ Yesterday during class I found myself rather uncomfortable with lots of aches, a throbbing headache, a stuffed nose, and a sore throat. We also had to go out of town yesterday, so that wasn't fun. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, the Olive Garden, and I was so miserable that all I could eat was half a bowl of soup and half a breadstick. I called it pathetic. I did finally find some jeans that fit me though, so I was as happy as a sick girl could be. Anyway, I didn't go to work today, and by noon I found myself looking at my throat via flashlight in a mirror, only to find what I was hoping not to see... white blotches. Usually those mean strep for me, because I get it almost every year, so I started to call the doctors office. They were on lunch so I waited, and finally gave up because I knew their lunch was over, so I just went in. Luckily they were able to fit me in to see someone. The strep tests came back negative for now, but they're letting the cultures grow for a while longer. However, there are quite a few different things going around right now, and the doctor couldn't tell me which one I have. She gave me antibiotics and sent me home. You know, I really don't care what I have, I just want it to be gone - and not come back. So, after 48hrs I should be well on my way to feeling better, and hopefully up and going again, instead of sitting around the house all day. We'll see. And hopefully Caleb doesn't catch what I have. I doubt he will - he has an amazingly strong immune system! (Its just not fair..haha) Maybe I'm just too much of a germ freak...

Anyway, other than that the week has been pretty good. I got a B on that test I thought I failed, and we have the opportunity to retake it because a lot of the class did actually fail. I got to do a lot more office work at church this week, with making the newsletter and doing many other office things, and connecting with students. They are fantastic, and we're going to have a great year. I've also been trying to brainstorm some creative couples' halloween costumes for Caleb and I for the annual Harvest Party this year. Last year we went as Bob the Builder and his friend Wendy, so this year we're not sure. There are some pretty funny ones online, but they're also pretty expensive. I like inexpensive =] and it would also be nice to not have to buy them, and use whatever resources we already have. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!!

Below are a few photos I took today. I just couldn't stay inside any longer, and I wanted to post a few pictures for the beginning of fall in west Michigan. Enjoy

The trees in a nearby state park 


The leaves that blew down in our yard during the windstorms yesterday and today 

Our North Breakwater Lighthouse at about 7pm on a windy day. Waves up over the breakwall, sun peaking through the clouds, dark water. Caleb's favorite quote for views like that is "This is why we live in Michigan."

No comments:

Post a Comment