In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, September 19, 2011

Home and Students

Last Friday my husband and I officially became homeowners =] The house that I posted a picture of (that looks like a big red barn) will be our new home as soon as we get all the fixin-up done that needs doing! Thanks to all who prayed - we are super excited to start this new chapter in our lives and can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Now on to ministry stuff! Yesterday, we took our youth group to see "The Grace Card" at another church with a few other youth groups. It was a fantastic movie, and even a great learning opportunity. The movie focused on concepts like grace, forgiveness, guilt, blame, relationships, loving others and second chances. We even had a time after the movie to split up in small groups and talk to our students about these concepts, the movie, and how it applies to their lives. The students had fantastic feedback for us, and their answers to our questions were encouraging - they had not only paid attention and grasped some of the concepts from the movie, but they had already thought about how they could apply them to their lives! Pray that they will continue to focus on these topics outside of the church atmosphere and and keep applying them to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment