In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shifting Sand

These last ten days have been crazy. Last week, I turned in notice of my last days at work, we found a house - made an offer - accepted a counter offer, and are now in the inspection period. College started again, my husband and I traveled for the holiday and visited family, and now I'm sitting back home with a racing mind and dreadfully counting down the minutes until I have to leave for class. 

Reading others' blog posts, I have to agree that these few months have been hard, and that asking God why things happen is a lot easier than asking how He can use these experiences in my life to bring Him glory and bring me closer to Him. Its a crazy thought, and one I struggle with. I've gotten better at it, but some days I almost feel like I'm too laid back in trusting Him.... is that possible? As I walked to the lighthouse and back early this morning, I spent some time talking to my sweet sweet Jesus and praising Him for the beauty around me. Its only because of Him that I am where I am today - and what a blessing. He has poured out His love, been faithful when I haven't, and continuously blessed me beyond what I can imagine. But, still some days, I really get to thinking, and shooting up question after question.. why is life sometimes so hard?? Today is more of an open minded (and sad to say apathetic) day: I have class and lab, and then am meeting the inspector at the house while he inspects every little minute detail that needs to be in good working condition. I go back and forth in attitudes about being there. Sometimes I'm interested to see how he does it/what he says, and other times I tell myself how long it takes and how bored I'll get. Ha.. it'll be interesting. 

Last week I heard a song that pretty much sums up what I was talking about a little bit ago; struggling with questions and a doubtful human nature. If I ever sing in church again, this would probably be the song I would sing; I feel like its summing up my life pretty well some days. Anyway, here it is, Shifting Sand, by Caedmon's Call 



No comments:

Post a Comment