In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sick Pictures (Pun Intended)

You know when you go to the doctor and they tell you that they're sending your tests to the lab, and they'll call you back if anything comes up? And you know that sinking feeling in your stomach when your cell phone goes off and the screen tells you that its someone from the doctors office? Yeah, I got that sinking feeling yesterday afternoon when my phone went off, and it was the doctor. Come to find out, I really didn't have strep, but some other infection that they don't see often. I was told to immediately stop taking my current antibiotic, and that they would write me a new prescription. Sooo after a weekend of thinking I was getting better and starting to feel better, I was unhappy to find out that I hadn't been getting better, and was in fact contagious the whole time, because whatever I had was immune to the first antibiotic I was on. I guess thats why I felt worse yesterday morning when I woke up, and why I left class early today. Oh well. I just hope the new stuff they gave me works fast!

To brighten my mood, I tagged along last night when Caleb drove up north to do some yard work for one of his customers. I'll go with him to help occasionally, but yesterday I took my camera and a book instead (by Caleb's suggestion!). I did help with some of the work, but the majority of my time was spent taking pictures. The "cottage" (biggest cottage I've ever seen!) is complete with a separate guest house, hot tub, and a trail of stairs leading to the dunes and a few hundred yard walk to beautiful Lake Michigan. I was hoping to get some pictures of the changing trees along the lake, but the shoreline was lined with green trees instead of the yellows, oranges, and reds like I had hoped. I was still able to get some gorgeous pictures of the lake and such though, so I was happy.

Here are a few of my favorites =)









No comments:

Post a Comment