In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, September 2, 2011

Blessings!

I have a few updates for you!!

My cousin Carson was brought to our hometown and put in a rehab center! After being told he would be in Hurley in Flint for months at least, this is great news. He is doing wonderful.

Our family was also excited to welcome a new member: Caleb's cousins welcomed a baby girl early this Tuesday morning named Klara Jane. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as they adjust to her arrival!

After working my summer away, I decided that it was to both my and Calebs benefit to give up my job at the market. This was a hard decision, as it has been a fabulous few months and I have enjoyed working there immensely. Problem with it was, that I was working to the point of exhaustion, never having a break or seeing my husband, and I would need to take some time off now and then - which I was told wasn't a possibility. After making this decision, I was curious as to how it would effect my income (and another major decision we recently made!). Well, not long after that, someone at church approached me asking if I would be interested in a major ministry opportunity. Although I can't share much, I was shocked to be one of the first people they thought of for this position, and feel blessed that they are considering. Nothing is for sure yet, as it has to be brought before the boards at our church, but this opportunity would be a great learning opportunity, and I would be blessed to have it. We'll see =] It's in God's hands.

The other major decision we recently made is about housing! We had been looking at houses since last fall, and made an offer that fell through on the other guys' end, etc., so by last week we were pretty sick of looking for houses. For a while, we actually didn't look at all because of busy schedules, lack of motivation, excess of frustration...   But, last week Caleb's parents spotted one online and we just had to go look at it! It's tucked back into a nice neighborhood a few miles out of town. Two of its sides are surround by woods, one looks out to the road, and another to the neighboring house. Its almost 3,000 ft sq., with five bedrooms and three full bathrooms. It sounded too good to be true for the price, so we got some more information. Well, a pipe had burst in the basement, which had spurred the spreading of mold up the walls to the basement and some of the main floor. A family of raccoons had called the attic home, so that was damaged also. We went to take a look and fell in love with the house and it's surroundings. Caleb had done a lot of restoration in the past few years, so he knew what has to be done, and after talking about it, we decided its do-able. So, we made an offer and received a counter-offer the same day. We accepted it, signed papers, and are now in the ten day inspection period. Hopefully everything goes well and right, and we get it! It would take a while to get it fixed up, but essentially (given everything goes well time wise) we could have most of it finished and be living in it by spring. That, too, is in God's hands =] We're on pins and needles though, waiting. I'm excited. I grew up in a tiny house, so a house this big and open is what I really wanted to find. The only downside is that I wish there was more property attached. I'm sure I'll keep you posted.

Ok, on to this weekend! About a month ago, we were told a birthday party was going to be thrown for Calebs grandpa, so we decided to attend. His grandparents live on the other side of the state, about an hour north of my hometown. After deciding to go to the party, what else did we decided? To make a weekend out of it and go see my family also! =] So, I get to visit home and meet a bunch more family on Caleb's side I haven't got to meet yet! It should be a really good weekend. It sounds like it'll be busy already though. We won't get there until late tonight, and tomorrow is the party. After that will be Sunday church services and visiting more family. I have Monday off of school and work and Caleb has the holiday off for work, so we won't have to head home until Monday afternoon! That is one of the best parts, because usually we have to head back Sunday afternoon to get to work on Monday. Anyway, we'll be visiting a lot of family and just taking it easy. The only downside is that I have a lot of work to do for my online class this weekend, but that can be done at a coffee shop or McDonald's, when all else fails. =] haha. Please pray for traveling mercies for everything traveling (especially this holiday weekend!) and have a great weekend! Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment