In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Its A Six-Sugars-In-My-Coffee Kind of Morning..

Yes, I really did put six sugars in my coffee this morning, along with two half & halfs =] Its just one of those mornings.. I'd never guess this is a Tuesday. Wow am I ever tired.. =S  Last week and the weekend really took a toll on me.

Up until a few weeks ago, I only worked about twelve hours a week and got to sit at a nice desk in a nice comfy chair and not do very much, but since I got my second job that has changed a lot. I now work between forty and fifty hours a week, and at my second job I'm on my feet literally the whole time. Its neat though. For those of you who are familiar with my hometown, the new place is a lot like Thumb Meat Mkt., except that it also has a hot lunch counter with stuff like chicken strips, burritos, and potatoe wedges. Its very fast paced, and it was especially fast paced and busy Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.. all of which I worked. I don't think I left the cash register for more than five minutes any of those days because we were so busy, but I did memorize prices on a LOT of things.. haha. Along with working all those days, we also threw in a trip to an arts & crafts show, a car accident, and (obviously) the 4th of July holiday. Busy busy!

The arts & crafts show was pretty cool. Its an annual thing here in town planned for the 4th of July weekend every year. There were a lot of new vendors and some really cool things this year. I really like all the hand made glass beads, photography booths, nick nacks, wooden made things, and creations people come up with. Luckily, it was only three blocks away from the house we're living in, so we walked instead of driving, which I prefer anyway because of the vast amount of people that were in town. So, that was Saturday. We had planned to go on an annual kayaking trip down the PM River with my family, but I had to work, so that was a bummer, but hopefully we'll be able to go next year. Kayaking that river every 4th of July weekend with my family is always something I have looked forward to, and we have been doing for as long as I can remember.. soo we were really bummed. But like I said, hopefully we'll be able to go next year. After the art fair, we went home and ate beef stew that had been in the crock pot all day and was much anticipated. Yum! =] And after that, we took a drive out to see my family at my parents house. My dad had a bonfire going, and we sat around talking, with stories from the river that day intertwining in the conversation.

We got home late Saturday night, so Sunday morning felt like it came early, but I was excited to finally be able to make my first Sunday Service in a month! It was so good to see everyone again, and to be able to fellowship with the body of believers I adore. Sunday also brought a nice surprise for us as well. The senior pastor is retiring, so they had hosted a garage sale the day before, and had a bedroom set that hadn't been sold. We heard about it, went and talked to them, and voala - its ours! And at a great price too! Its a queen size bed with a dresser that has a mirror on it. We are very excited about this, because we didn't have a bedframe yet, but after just a few minutes of conversation God provided one for us at a price we could afford =] How cool is that!?

After church on Sunday we took off for the state park to meet my family to celebrate my cousins birthday. Can I just pause a minute to tell you how much I love tourists... just love 'em! Sometimes it seems like once they leave home, they leave their common sense as well... because they do some dangerous stuff! Another thing that bothers me is that they don't always pay attention, which is crazy, because town is busy in the summer, and you really HAVE to pay attention in order to stay safe. Anyway, we were almost to the gates at the state park - like, they were literally a few hundred yards in front of us - when the line of cars in front of us stopped moving. So like always, we stopped too. We were stopped for about thirty seconds when all of a sudden I was flung forward flailing and I could hear the sound of metal crunching. Once our vehicle stopped moving and I figured out what happened Caleb and I exchanged a shocked look and jumped out of the truck to look behind us. Behind us a girl in her mid-twenties was jumping out of her Suburban to do the same. To my surprise the first things said were: "Are you guys ok?!" "Yes, are you guys ok?!" Luckily the only hurts were a banged up knee, and a few sore necks, backs, and heads. The vehicles... yeahhh... those had a bit more damage than us people did. All I can say is thank goodness for Calebs huge Reese hitch, because it gave us a huge advantage. However, it did not give the girl any advantage as it had tore her radiator and front end apart. Pieces of her vehicles were strung out on the highway, and something was leaking from her engine area. And to top her day off, it was her boyfriends vehicle and she lives 250 miles away. My guess is that it wasn't safe to drive back home for them.  Our truck's damage: bent bumper, white dent in the tailgate, cracked weldings on the hitch. Basically besides a little cosmetic damage, Caleb won't be able to pull his trailer until he gets the hitch fixed. So, an officer came, the long line of traffic was directed around us, and a report was made. She was put at fault (but given no ticket), life went on, and we found out this morning that (thankfully) because it was her fault we don't have to pay the $500 deductible. The thing that surprised me most about the whole situation was that there were no cross words, no cussing, yelling, etc. Its amazing how calm tempers don't make bad situations worse, and I'm thankful for that.

So, after a long week and weekend, we're alive and well, but exhausted as we head into this next week. If you could, please pray for energy and strength as it will be another long week and weekend. The truck will be in the shop tonight until probably Friday, and we will be traveling to Caro as soon as we get the truck back, as the church I grew up at is throwing us a wedding reception! =]

Last, but not least, I do have an update about the ministry opportunity! Apparently I misheard my husband when he told me about his conversation with the guy who asked him if we'd be interested. I was under the impression that 'the program' (we'll call it that, because I can't say much) may or may not happen, and Caleb confirmed that is is going to happen for sure. The part that isn't for sure yet is when it will start, if we will be the people involved (I'll go out on a limb and say that we most likely will), and some of the other details that will fine tune it. So, as we wait to hear more, I'll just say that our desire for this opportunity keeps keeps growing as we continue to pursue it, and we can't wait to find out more details!

Anyway.. thats about it for now. I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment