In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Encouragement

If you've read my posts from last week, you already know that it was a pretty rough one. In the midst of everything going on, frustrations, exhaustions, etc., I searched and searched for some relief and some encouragement. As I fought off sleep to scour the pages of my Bible, I often turned to my favorite passage, Psalm 139, and found something new each time =] (Isn't it neat how that happens?). If it wasn't finding something in my Bible, it would be a song on the radio, but I can tell you one thing: if you search, God will provide. One of the strange things, though, is that the encouragement I found was in times of praising my Jesus. Not that it should be strange, but I think sometimes we forget that loving Him gives us strength also.
Here are a few of the little encouragements that found me last week;

Psalm 127:1 - Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that built it.
----God must be the roots of a home/family

"By and by, when the morning comes, when the saints of God are gathered home, we will tell the story, how we've overcome; we will understand it better by and by"

I Samuel 16:7 - ...For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
----God sees us for who we really are

Psalm 139:7-12 (summarized) - "It is impossible to do anything where God is not a spectator" (Quoted from MacArthur Study Bible)

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing; power and majesty, praise to the King. Mountains bow down, and the seas will roar, at the sound of Your name. I sing for joy at the work of Your hands; forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand. Nothing compares to the promise I have in You"

Psalm 138:1 - I will praise You with my whole heart, before the gods I will sing praises to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment