In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3 Mile Project and WinterJam 2012

Wow, am I ever tired today... you'd think it was a Monday the way my brain doesn't want to start up and get going. I finally gave in a bought some coffee a few minutes ago, and even with five packets of sugar it tastes bitter. It never tastes like that at home.. haha.

Anyway, if you've read previous posts you're probably wondering how my weekend went. It went great. The two days we took our students to the 3 Mile Project went well, and then my sister and I were lucky enough to get in the doors at the concert we waited in line for. The concert was definitely the highlight of the weekend. The bands that were there were: Skillet, Newsong, Peter Furler, Sanctus Real, Kari Jobe, Building 429, Group 1 Crew, Dara Maclean, For King and Country, and We As Human. The speaker was Nick Hall and master illusionist Brock Gill was there. It was an awesome concert and we were super lucky to get in the doors! I recorded a lot of song clips from the different bands, but of course my camera died during Skillet's first song. That was ok though, I've already seen them, and my sister used her camera to take video. Between the two of us, we had it covered. All the bands put on a great show, and we ended up with some pretty good seats to enjoy the night.

Here's a little story for you: We had just walked in and were navigating through people to see all the tables. We heard an unfamiliar band playing during the pre-show, so we walked into the arena to look. Well, three feet from me, leaning against the wall just watching the other band, was one of Sanctus Real's guitarists. Just chilling before the show. I got to meet the band and get my picture with them in high school, but my sister had never seen them. So I motioned to her, asked him, and got her picture with him! It was neat to walk in and within ten minutes get a picture, and crazy that that is the only picture one of us got with a band. We did get Building 429 to sign some papers, but it was too busy after the concert to do much else.

Overall, it was a great concert. This computer doesn't have a card reader, so I can't post pictures yet. They'll be up soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment