In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, March 30, 2012

Whirlwinds

Well, another crazy weekend is about to begin. This weekend will contain many events: two trips to GR with the youth group, one with my sister, and the hookup of cable/internet at our house. We're ready for non-stop crazy weekend!

We're taking the youth group to a place called the 3 Mile Project. It's basically a giant facility used as a hangout place on weekends where students can go to be safe and foster relationships, and, of course, be kids :) Check out the website, 3mileproject.com. Middle and High School are different nights, so that's why we're going two separate days. We'll also be traveling with another nearby church that we do other activities with. It sounds like it's going to be a very fun two nights, and I'm anxious to see the facility and how it impacts our students.

Saturday morning our cable/internet is getting hooked up, finally! It's so weird to not have internet or any working television channels. We have a tv, but we're limited to movies and dvds. We've watched more Walker Texas Ranger, A Team, and NCIS in the past two months than I have combined for the last five years. It will be nice to have options, and even nice to be able to see the news.. haha.

My last trip for the weekend to GR is with my sister. We're going to a big concert called Winter Jam to see Skillet. We saw them back in June and they were awesome in concert, so we're hoping to get in on Sunday. Tickets are only sold at the door, so we'll be heading down after church on Sunday to wait in line for a few hours. I just hope the weather is good enough to stand and wait. I went to Winter Jam in high school once, and it was a neat experience, so I really hope we can get in so my sister can have that experience also. Below is a picture of the band Skillet. They're really good. Search them on YouTube and take a listen. (Note: their music is a bit heavier)



More updates next week! Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment