In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Home Home

This morning as I drove to work I realized I was going to be super early, so I decided to drive through the beach to delay myself a bit. It was a gorgeous morning, with blue skies, sunshine, and a few clouds. As I drove by the lakefront, I rolled down the windows in my car. I could feel the cold breeze on my face, hear the waves crashing on the beach, and see the white caps the wind caused on the lake. It was all incredibly refreshing, and very peaceful. It made me thankful to live in such a beautiful place, and I thanked God for giving me more than I could have ever dreamed. I also felt guilt. Guilt for moving myself to the other side of the state and away from family that I would love to be able to see every day. I miss what I call "home, home," my hometown. We were there last weekend. First was a funeral for a very wonderful woman who will be missed, and then the rest of the weekend was spent visiting family and seeing friends. It was so good to be able to get back again, but the town tugged on my heart harder that it usually does when we visit. I miss it dearly. I knew I would miss it when I moved, and I thought to myself that I would visit often. Well, things in life delay those visits that should be often, and I hate that I'm not able to get back as much as I'd like. I miss my family most of all, the town, the people, ...everything I knew and was familiar with for eighteen years. I've been told "welcome to being an adult." Haha.. that's not half of it, and that's not a good enough explanation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment