In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, March 2, 2012

See Grace, Not Just Weakness

I know, I know, I'm not a mom yet, nor will I be within the next nine months (just in case anyone was worried, I had to clarify). But this post I found goes much deeper than just dealing with "our children." We can use it as an example for everyone we encounter; we can see their weaknesses, but where do we see God's grace in their lives? Instead of just focusing on the weaknesses or things people do wrong, we need to look God's grace at work, and look for their strengths as well. Yes, we all screw up, but we do good things also. And God is gracious, forgiving, and loves our strong points. We need to be the same way with others. This post was especially hard for me to read this morning... but definitely something I needed to be reminded of.

I posted the link instead of copying and pasting because I don't want anyone to mistake what they're about to read as my work. Instead, someone else quoted part of a book in their blog, and I stumbled upon it. The writer of this blog is wonderful, even though I have never met her. Her posts continually encourage and challenge me. If you're on here frequently, her blog is one that I would suggest you follow.

Anyway, here's the link, take a minute and read it:
http://preciousadornment.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/are-you-your-childs-cheerleader/

No comments:

Post a Comment