In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting Adjusted

Our new senior pastor has been here for close to a month now, and we are enjoying getting to know him and his family very much. They moved here from Canada, but are native to the states, so they are glad to be back at "home."

The first day I met him I remember thinking how refreshing his personality would be to our church. Don't get me wrong, we have a great church family, but the atmosphere was slightly slow and and a little bit behind. That isn't anyones fault in particular, but I was curious to see if our new pastor's personality would change this, and I'm seeing that it has. He is so upbeat and energetic, and he radiates a vibrant energy that seems to put a smile on everyone's face - young and old. He can also be characterized as a man of prayer. I've never had the opportunity to work with someone in ministry until last fall, but I have never observed anyone who so actively, purposefully, and often prays, except for my great-grandma (who is a great prayer warrior).

His wife is a very sweet woman with a wonderful laugh and smile, and a very warm personality. She actually reminds me a lot of my youth pastor's wife in the church where I grew up. Their two children are just as vibrant as they are. The older of the two, their daughter, is quieter, and I hear she is a great piano player. She is witty, and always has something funny to say with a facial expression that matches. She also has a very warm personality and seems to have the ability to jump in with any group of people and be at ease. Their son has endless energy and loves to be on a skateboard. He is friendly, outgoing, and has a very fun personality.

It has been wonderful getting to know this family and I can't wait to see how God uses them in our church and their relationships. Please keep them in your prayers as they are still adjusting to life in a different town.

While speaking of pastors, the search for our new youth pastor is fully underway. Please keep this process in your prayers, as God is preparing a man to serve in our church, and preparing our church to welcome a new pastor into our family. From what I hear, the search is going well and they have a few candidates in mind. It shouldn't be too long before we know something more concrete.

Another adjustment is that I will soon no longer have two jobs. As soon as the semester is done, I'm done working at the college, and as soon as a youth pastor is hired, I'm done working at the church. These closed doors are slightly scary, even though I know God is in charge. I am currently looking for a job, preferably something full time and hoping for benefits. As many know, jobs like that are few and far between right now, so I'm not being picky. Caleb's job is seasonal and doesn't have benefits, so we really need an additional income. Please keep that in your prayers, and let me know if there's a job you're aware of, I would really aprreciate it. His timing is perfect, and I'm trusting in that. As we know, thats easier said than done, but I have faith my God has a plan for me that is unfolding and will be just what I need, and will provide for my needs.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



Working on casting my burdens on Him, and not worrying <3

No comments:

Post a Comment