In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

B-e-a-u-tiful Blessings!

Hellooooo out there! It feels like forever since I've written :) We have been slightly preoccupied though.. sorry.

Tuesday before I posted about that movie, I had begun to feel symptoms of whatever Caleb had. And, well, I guess you could say I was out of commission from then on until Saturday. It was a miserable few days, and the doctors said it was something similar to bronchitis. I'm just glad to be over it.

The weather here this past week has been absolutely b-e-a-u-tiful! We've went for a few walks around the neighborhood and out to the state park, and I even rode my bike to work yesterday (which was a little bit chilly so early in the morning.. but riding weather nonetheless). We've watched the sun set a few times on the lake, also. Last night's sunset was especially beautiful as it splashed the sky in oranges and yellows while we contently sat on the breakwall and watched the water shimmer and reflect the sun's colors.

As we sat there it hit me how truly blessed I am. I have a great family, God brought another amazing man into my life whom I married, He provided a home for us, and even provides means for us to visit family that lives a few hours away on occasion. We have food to eat, friends, and a great church. He has not only given us life here, but we have eternal life as well. And we have soo many other things that I can't even mention because my post would be too long. God has blessed us, and we feel a tremendous humbleness because of it. He is good. Amen?

So, tonight as I'm getting home and fixing some supper, stopping by the spelling bee to see Caleb, and then hopefully watching another gorgeous sunset, I'll be remembering the blessings. I hope you do the same :)

Last night's sunset

Have a great, and blessed week :) We love you

2 comments:

  1. Simply uplifting. Thanks for the reminder! Even the little things, like the sunset are God's gifts to us, so undeserved...

    ReplyDelete