In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, October 17, 2011

The Days I Just Can't Win..

It's been an interesting few days. It was a great weekend, youth group went great, I got voted in as an intern at our church, and today was pretty good. However, in the past few days there have been some frustrations that I just haven't been able to shake. They've changed my attitude and mood, and that frustrates me even more. Tonight I found myself scouring the pages of my Bible for anything that hit home. I found quite a bit.

"Fear not, for I am with you, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous hand" -Isaiah 41:10

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" -Hebrews 11:1

"..you will seek Me and you will find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart" -Jeremiah 29:13

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" -Philippians 4:7

Well, I guess these verses are for the days when it seems that I just can't win, like tonight, and last night. I don't understand whats going on, or why things happen the way the do. I don't know how everything will work for a positive outcome, and I don't always know how to react and sometimes don't react to situations in the way I should. But I believe what these verses say, and thats enough for me. Even when its hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawna! Came across you blog. :) I love the fish at the bottom. Where did you get those from...they're awesome! P.S. totally empathize with the frustration-blog. I'll keep you in my prayers that we both calm down and smell the roses...or whatever we should be smelling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I think they were just an add-on when I was looking for cute stuff to embellish the page. Haha.. thanks, me too. Reading yours is cool - keep the posts coming, I like to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete