In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, October 28, 2011

Broken Girl

I was sitting at work doing what I do, and this popped up in the right hand column on youtube. I had never heard it before so I thought I'd take a listen. I was shocked at how powerful this song is. There are so many girls out there that have been broken.
They need to know there's healing,  there's a man who won't hurt them, and a man who will be the love of their life.
They need to know they are beautiful gems created for a purpose, and they will always be beautiful.
They need to know they can give up their fight with the past, give it to someone else, and be free from it. They can be made whole again.

This song tells them that. If you know any girls that would benefit from hearing this song, please share it with them.

"Broken Girl" by Matthew West


Look what he's done to you - It isn't fair
Your light was bright and new - But he didn't care
He took the heart of a little girl - And made it grow up too fast

Now words like "innocence"- Don't mean a thing
You hear the music play - But you can't sing
Those pictures in your mind - Keep you locked up inside your past

This is a song for the broken girl - The one pushed aside by the cold, cold world
You are - Hear me when I say - You're not the worthless they made you feel
There is a Love they can never steal away - And you don't have to stay the broken girl

Those damaged goods you see - In your reflection
Love sees them differently - Love sees perfection
A beautiful display - Of healing on the way tonight - Tonight

This is a song for the broken girl - The one pushed aside by the cold, cold world -You are
Hear me when I say - You're not the worthless they made you feel
There is a Love they can never steal away - And you don't have to stay the broken girl

Let your tears touch to the ground - Lay your shattered pieces down
And be amazed by how Grace can take a broken girl - And put her back together again

This is a song for the broken girl - The one pushed aside by the cold, cold world - You are
Hear me when I say - You're not the worthless they made you feel
There is a Love they can never steal away - And you don't have to stay the broken girl

You don't have to stay the broken girl


No comments:

Post a Comment