In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, June 11, 2012

Time

There's something about a morning where there aren't any distractions, and my walk includes me, the road, crickets, birds, the wind, and Jesus. The other day as I started out for a walk, I was bummed that I couldn't run. My shins ached something terrible, and even walking the small hill around the corner was difficult. It turned out to be just what I needed though. Had I been able to run, I would have been plugged into Caleb's iPod and not had a clue what was going on around me. That usually works for me; I plug into a few very heavy and upbeat songs from Kutless, and the next thing I know my run is over and I'm back at our house. Thennnn is when my shins start hurting, but I'm at home, so I can ice them. Anyway, as I walked most of our neighborhood (which takes around 45min.), I had some time to spend with my Jesus. I've been anxious lately about the job situation and frustrated at times by the lack of things to do resulting in sheer boredom. But as I walked and prayed I asked what was next; a job, volunteering, etc. What could I do to love on people? I still don't know whats in store, as usual. But with nothing but nature around me, I was surrounded by this incredible peace that I can't explain. Yes, I have nothing but time. Even right now, as I sit out on our deck and write this, I know I have nothing but time, and it kind of drives me nuts to be honest. But I'm ok with that. Whatever God wants me to do with this time, I can, because I don't have anything else to do! Haha.. maybe that's how He wants it.


No comments:

Post a Comment