In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Tree Is Up!

Today I finalized and sent out our December newsletter for youth group. Yesterday I made new attendance sheets, sign-up sheets for our three extra events next month, and hung posters advertising the Middle and High School retreats in January. And tonight, I get to be with a group of K-2nd graders at AWANA. Some things just make me grin.

Something else that made me grin was putting up our Christmas tree yesterday. I didn't decorate it, but it's prelit, so it still looks bright and cheery! I also wrapped Caleb's Christmas gifts, and put together a gift for my sister. We still have some shopping to do, but I am totally loving the start of this Christmas season. The only thing missing is snow. Yes, it is almost December, and we still don't have any snow here on the west side of Michigan. I'm not exactly complaining.. but it just doesn't seem as Christmas-y without it.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this wonderful season and having a great day! More to come soon!


Our tree (I don't have a tree skirt yet, but I'm sure I'll add one soon!) 
Once we transition houses we'll decorate the tree =) But as for now, I'm satisfied with simply having a lit tree gleaming in the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment