In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, November 18, 2011

Quite The Experience

As I drove to work this morning, I was watching the sky and wishing I wasn't running late so I could drive through the beach and see the lakefront and lighthouse. But, hitting the snooze button two too many times and feeling sluggish was making me run late. As I looked up, the sky was painted with bright colors and looked like cotton candy on one side of the avenue that divided town, and a vivid orange and yellow with streaks on the other. It was gorgeous. Definitely a morning that made me wish I had my camera in my purse and wasn't running late. Oh well. It was a good morning anyway.. I woke up to a kiss, a warm shower, stole a hug and was out the door. Now I can see the sunshine reflecting off the light green painted walls in the atrium outside of the office and it makes me smile.

Well, today we are going to our first (I'm sure of many) hockey game of the year. We promised my sister we would take her to at least one game this year, so I'm sure there will be more. Tonight we are doubling with another young couple from church, and I can't wait. Hockey is one of my favorite sports to watch, so I look forward to the season starting =) Our drive will be about an hour long, so as soon as I clock out and get home, we're going to pick them up. It'll be good to get away for the night. We've been stressing out about the house more than we'd like to, and working on it quite a bit the past two weeks. So having a night off will be good for us, and it'll be good to have a night out with another couple our age.

Other than that, this weekend promises to be busier than usual. Work and hockey tonight, and tomorrow Caleb is taking two guys to do all the fall clean-ups for the lawns he takes care of. I'm not sure what all I'm doing tomorrow, probably catch up of some housework, and maybe fun, we'll see. Then tomorrow night we're pulling an all-nighter at church to help with the homeless shelter. Its at our building for two weeks, and both weeks we'll be staying Saturday night. This weekend though, I'm curious to see how it'll go because I meet with the deacons after the service on Sunday about membership. I'm sure I'll be loopy and out of it, and nauseaus, so that'll be fun, ha. I'm not sure if we're helping, but Sunday afternoon some people are putting up decorations. Then we have a leaders meeting and a mystery event for youth group. This will be fun =) I can't say what we're doing until after Sunday night, but the staff is excited and we have some good plans for our students.

Sooo all that said, we're doing alright. A bit stressed here and there, and quite busy, but so goes life. We're learning a lot about remodeling a house, working with other staff, the known (but not fully believed) fact that life is expensive, and you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Life is quite the experience =) Haha..  have a good day everyone.

With love,
Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment