In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Harvest Party Was A Success!

Every year our church puts on an annual harvest party. Some years, it has been on halloween night, others it hasn't. This year it was. I'm not sure how and why it was started, but it is definitely a great alternative if you live in a community where you don't want your kids out on halloween night. It lasts for two hours, and is filled with games, candy, cider, donuts, and this year there was a cardboard maze and bounce house. It's also one of the largest outreach events our church puts on.

All in all it went great. There weren't any issues that came up, no one got hurt, and everything went smoothly. Quite a few of our youth groupers stepped up and ran the games in addition to setting them up before. I was very impressed at how many of them would volunteer their time at something like this while they could be out with their friends on halloween night. It definitely showed us some initiative and their desire to serve, which is very cool.

I didn't get many pictures because my camera battery died, but here are a few:

My sister and two of our cousins made this Sunday at youth group

Caleb was a carhartt model (he changed into clean clothes basically, because he got out of work just in time to make it there) and I was a make shift cowgirl 

Shenanigans.

Due to my lack of a scanner, this is a picture of a picture we had taken:
My sister, me, and Caleb
("A mess," "a cowgirl," and "a carhartt model")

No comments:

Post a Comment