In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Go Ahead.."

For the last two months I've been working at the Best Western on the water slide. Its fun; usually. The morning shift is five hours long, and  the evening shift is seven. I work mainly mornings, which is better for me because I have the rest of the day to do things (like sit at a coffee shop and write blog entries..). Anyway, I sit on a chair on the platform on top of the slide and tell visitors when they can go down. If there isn't anyone who wants to use the slide, I do other things like laundry, clean windows, and strip sheets off beds for the house keepers. When there are people on the slide, the extent of my verbal communication is generally two words; "go ahead." While I was sitting there this morning, children were playing down in the pool with their dad, so I had a lot of time to think. This is what I thought: in the past eighteen months, how many times has God told me. "go ahead"..? 

1. My move here. He told me it was ok to uproot myself and move to the other side of the state, not knowing more than one person my age. 
2. When I wondered if it was ok to trust a few certain people, some of whom soon become a few of my best friends. 
3. When I asked Him if it was beneficial to go to a church that I liked, that wasn't a Baptist church, and a bit out of my comfort zone.
4. When I joined a new church that wasn't "organized" and met in someones house. (This was one of the best experiences I've had so far, and where I met some people who helped my world start spinning out of my control, and into God's even more)
5. When I decided to check out a Baptist church in town that a guy had told me about. 
6. When I decided I loved that church, and wanted to stay there.
7. When I prayed about a guy who I had suddenly become very close to, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. 
8. When I was asked to be a youth leader, and go on a mission  trip with that church. 
9. When I asked Him if it was a good idea to quite my job for the one at Best Western, and when I asked if it was ok to quit Best Western for a job at the college I attend. 

I'm sure there are more times, those are just the ones I'm going to write. I included God in my life and was blessed soo much. The past eighteen months I've learned to trust Him SO much more, and I completely love it! My world has turned almost a 180, but I'm not complaining, and I wouldn't go back to what it used to be. I've learned so much, and just love to look back and see what He's done! If you're doubting, I'll tell you this.. when you trust, and include God in your life and decisions, you will be blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment