In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, August 6, 2010

When Your Soul Soars

Ever have that feeling inside where it feels like your soul is flying? Like this incredible feeling of freedom that you can't explain to anyone? What makes you feel that way, or do you ever even experience it?

Listening to Mark Schultz this morning, the song Broken And Beautiful seems to be ringing through my soul. I hear the music start playing, and it registers through my whole inner being. As reaches the chambers of my heart that feel, it lets my soul loose to fly, and I feel free. A deep, inner freedom, that no one can explain.

Except, we can explain it. Throughout the whole song, the title Broken And Beautiful serves a purpose. The song explains how to God, it is so beautiful when we come to Him broken. He loves us, and when we give our lives to Him, we have this blessed freedom that only He gives. I love the thought! He can repair shattered lives, broken hearts, hurtful pasts,... everything, and is waiting for us to come to Him broken. He wants to show us His love.. and wants to put us back together again. He wants us to come to Him. I did. I went to Him with a year of my life that had a lot of hurt, regrets, screw ups, and sorrow... and He made it beautiful. I came running to Him, broken, and He repaired me. He would love to do the same for you... if you'll let Him.

Here are the lyrics and the video.
There’s a businessman - There’s a widowed wife - There’s a smiling face with a shattered life - 
There’s a teenage girl with a choice to make - It’s crowded here in church today

And the preacher says as the sermon ends - Please close your eyes and bow your heads - 
Is there anyone in need of prayer - Jesus wants to meet you here - 
‘cause we all fall short - We all have sinned - But when you let - God’s Grace break in…

(Chorus)
It’s beautiful - Beautiful - Come as you are - Surrender your heart - Broken and beautiful - 

Well he’d never been to church before - But he came today as a last resort - 
His world was crashing in - And he was suffocating in his sin - 

But tears ran down - As hope rushed in - He closed his eyes - Raised his hands - 
Worshiping the God who can - Bring him back to life again - 

(Chorus)

Cause there’s nothing more beautiful to God - Than when his sons and daughters come - Broken


No comments:

Post a Comment