In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tired Tellings

Wow.. so much has happened since I've been here to write. I'll share, but I know I won't be able to remember most of the stuff.. haha. I'm sure most realize that life gets a lot busier during the holiday season though.. :)

To start with, last week flew by. Monday and Tuesday were normal, but Wednesday night we started our normal routine and I ended up leaving for my hometown. Caleb had to work Thursday, and I figured that because we wanted to leave early it would just so happen that he would have to work late that day... so I left a night before him. And guess what? I was right... he didn't get started on his way across state until late Thursday. But regardless, we got to spend the weekend with my family and it was wonderful. There were many conversations, lots of food, and a lot of relaxing. Despite not getting back till late Sunday night and having to work early yesterday, it was a great weekend, and very refreshing.

Here's a thought (mainly for those who utilize smart phones): what would you do if you went away for a weekend and could only text and call with your phone? That would be crazy.. wouldn't it? I've been phone-less for over a week before, but somehow it wasn't as weird as it was this weekend only being able to text and call. No facebook, no twitter, no games that used internet... nothing other than calling and texting. It felt like depravity and freedom all at the same time. I didn't have to worry about who needed to get ahold of me via facebook or twitter, because I knew they would just have to wait, but it was weird to have a moment to spare and not be able to check either one. It wasn't a huge deal, but it brought how much I use my phone into perspective. I use it like a computer.. except it can travel in my pocket :)

After getting back and whipping the house into shape and getting to work and everything else, these past few days have went well. My body wouldn't let me sleep in this morning, so I did some grocery shopping before work, warmed up leftovers for dinner afterwards, and let fellowship relax me. Its crazy how our Bible study is such a large part of our life now, but I am so thankful that we got involved. Its great to have close friends who I can lean on that have a similar mindset. We have between fifteen and twenty people here every week, and after we start a new format next month, our numbers (Lord willing) may explode. Please pray for our group. I also love having a large enough house that we are able to have everyone over. When we were looking at houses one thing we really wanted to have was extra space to share... and we sure got our wish. With just under three thousand square feet, our house will hold quite a few people. It'll also make for extra room when children are running around inside... but who's counting down till that..? Oh wait.. me :) Hey, I can't lie, thats one thing I really look forward to. In His time.

Well, thanks for listening to what my tired mind has to share.. and a small snippet of what we've been up to. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment