In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Friday, November 23, 2012

A Little Bit..

...of Christmas cheer! And it's not even December yet!

I'm one of those people who refuse to decorate for Christmas or play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Why? Because I think it takes away from the season of thanksgiving we ought to enjoy before we focus on our Savior's birth.

Well, I had to work today, so we couldn't go away for the sales, we just stayed here in town. Caleb hit the stores yesterday morning, then we took my sister (she had never been frenzy shopping before) and hit the 8pm, 10pm, and then there were midnight, 5am and 6am sales. I didn't get to go to all of them, but we got a LOT of stuff, and a lot of it was Christmas gifts. Needless to say, it looked like a bomb went off in our house. To top it off, while I was at work, everyone else started wrapping gifts, and when I got home we put the tree up, wrapped more gifts, and I put up my nativity. I love the willow tree pieces, and this nativity is so beautiful! Anyway, our house is full of stuff right now and most counter and table tops are lacking any clear space. Oh darn.. ;)


How was your Thanksgiving? We had two dinners, within two hours. Busting? Absolutely. Everything was delicious, of course, and even though the second dinner was at 2pm, I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. It was great to be family and laugh and relax, and we're thankful that we were able to see so many people.

Next on our agenda is a trip across state to my hometown. We haven't been there since July (which I think is the longest since I've moved here). We're really excited to get to see even more family and have a four day weekend. I'm sure it'll fly by, but we're so glad we get to make the trip. I miss everyone so much, and this visit is long overdue.

No promises, but I'll try to write again soon. Enjoy the beginning of your Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment