In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, December 10, 2012

Buttery Deliciousness (aka English Toffee)

I've been wanting to make some of this for a while now, so I finally looked up a recipe tonight and figured out that it is super easy to make!


Here's what you need:
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
chopped nuts (optional)
chocolate chips (optional)

Here's what you do:
Melt the butter, add the sugar, and heat till it boils, stirring constantly.
Stir in the water and corn syrup and cook until mixture is 290 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. It'll start to turn light brown and thicken up.
Remove from heat and pour onto a lined/greased baking sheet - it sets up super fast, so be quick to spread it out!
Sprinkle with chocolate chips while toffee is still hot, and spread them over mixture once they start to melt.
Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top.

Let harden (or, if you're like me.. you'll be impatient and put it in the fridge), break into pieces, and enjoy! (And maybe share..)

No comments:

Post a Comment