In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Monday, September 17, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

This is sooner than I expected to be back, but I thought I'd share these yummy goodies with you. The young adult Bible study starts meeting at our house tomorrow, so I thought I'd make some sort of snack. I was going to make cookies but when I opened my cupboard I got the idea for these. I sandwiched peanut butter between whole wheat Ritz crackers, rolled the edges in melted chocolate, and then added another dollop on top. Caleb and I already did some taste testing, and agreed that they passed ;) 


So, the morning and early afternoon of today were the definition of a terrible Monday. Work was beyond stressful and I held back tears for the first time since I started. Customers were fine, but one of the ladies I work with was just rubbing me the wrong way. I think she knew.. and kept going. *Sigh* So I skipped my lunch break and left an hour early instead. It was a good decision because by then I was mentally done with the day. When the garage door opened and I saw Caleb's truck in the garage I lost it. Our dog met me at the door, and Caleb met me with a smile. The tears finally came. Of course, Caleb listened quietly and solved it with a bear hug. Because all I had eaten so far was a handful of dry cereal and some Nutter Butters I was getting shaky and nauseous, but he told me not to eat because he was taking me somewhere. He took me to my favorite restaurant in town. I was ok with leftovers (waste not, want not...) but he wanted to celebrate us owning our house for one year officially, since yesterday :) Soooo of course I was game. We had a good early dinner, took Honey for a quick walk, got ice cream, and settled in for the night because it was pouring rain and thundering, and of course our dog is terrified of storms. So we played Uno, did some tidying up, I made the goodies pictured above, and we are now watching live country music performers on tv. 

I guess today is going to end on a good note. Thankfully. Tomorrow should be good, and I'm glad to have a lighter work week. I actually get a day off! Woohoo :) 

I hope your Monday went well, and the rest of your week does also! Be back soon.. I hope ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment