In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HE Amazes Me

I have a Jesus story to share  =)

It started Sunday, at our senior pastor's retirement party. I saw this couple who I hadn't seen around church before, who I didn't know (which isn't unusual..haha), and who I wouldn't necessarily expect to be in attendance for the night. I didn't think much about it, I just went on talking to my in-laws, and then after we finished our dinner, we left the fellowship hall. We played with the cousins for a while and then we went into the sanctuary for the program. It was a phenominal farewell to pastor and his wife, and even though I didn't know them as well as many of the others, I was even saddened to know they would be moving to Kentucky the next day. There were stories, music by pastor's children, a DVD presentation of their ministry, and a wonderful time of fellowship. The gospel wasn't shared with the whole group, but I know it was shared and evident within the group. How do I know that? The same couple I mentioned above came into the store where I work yesterday and I struck up a conversation. I asked them if they had liked the program, to which they exclaimed "Oh, you were there too!?!! It was wonderful! We loved it!" As that warmed my heart, we kept talking for a few seconds, until the man leaned forward, looked me in the eyes, and said "...and guess what!" to which I replied "What?", unsure of where he was going in conversation. He paused, and then a wide grin spread across his whole face as he said simply but joyfully, "I got saved last night." It hit me, sunk in, and then his contagious grin spread to my face as I congratulated him. We talked for a few more seconds and they left the store, leaving me standing there with a grin on my face and in awe.

I had been having an off day, so that news not only brightened my day, but made me smile to know the angels were rejoicing for the new soul that had been won. I also knew that pastor would have loved to hear the news I had just heard, and I hope he had already been told.

Well, that was my Jesus story for the morning. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment