In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ch-ch-changes!

No Tuesday morning post?! Crazy.. I know. I was super busy so I didn't have time to write one. Well, a lot has happened since my last post. Some good and some bad, but mostly good, I think ;) Here are a few of the biggest happenings:
1. I'm no longer in Medical Transciption Editing classes
2. I've applied to Cornerstone University, and keep in contact with the transfer counselor there
3. Menial it seems, I know, but this is a life changer: my cell phone officially died, and I have no other way to communicate with the outside world.. haha. But really, that stinks. I'm almost lost without it.

MTE.. yeah, I strongly disliked it from the first minute of the on-campus orientation. A week went by, and I had no desire to finish up the online orientation orientation. I was talking to one of the advisors in the office where I work while trying to figure out my fall work schedule and I had mentioned that I had no desire to do it, disliked it, and wasn't motivated to do the course - and voiced that because it was online my motivation level shrank drastically. I had considered dropping it before, but I didn't know what I'd do/where I'd go. She told me if I wasn't passionate about it, get out now. So I did. Instead I looked into the transfer program and starting looking at programs offered at other colleges that were close enough to commute to. My goal was to find something working with children in ministry. I was on Cornerstone and Calvin's websites, and lo and behold I found what I was looking for. The "Art of Ministry" program at Cornerstone can be modified by the elective courses you take, and one of the areas you can do that in is with children. Working in Student Services at my current college, I knew what I needed to have to be prepared to talk to a counselor, so I gathered my stuff and called up the transfer counselor. We had a long chat, and figured out that commuting could work, and I may even qualify for a graduate program (which would be great, because thats mostly online classes and a seminar one night a week. = less commute for this girl!). I'm pretty excited to see what happens. Transcripts are in the mail, I'm in contact with the right people, and can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

Yes, my phone literally died. On my way to work yesterday it started blinking, so I plugged it in on my lunch break. Well that charger didn't work so the battery died and I plugged it in when I got home. That charger didn't work either, so I went straight to the Sprint store to see what was going on. They didn't know and told me I had three options: 1. Pay for the replacement fee to get another refurbished phone (emphasis on another), 2. Pay to upgrade and renew my contract for another two years, 3. Get a completely new plan and new phone. Soo none of my options are cheap. I've had so many problems with Sprint =S If you're reading this and considering switching to Sprint, DON'T! All of our phones have had major issues, we've had terrible service, and get the run around when we try to work it out with Sprint. However, the two guys at the Sprint store here in town (Brandon and Alix) pretty much know us by name, are honest, and are very helpful. All that to say, if anyone has a Sprint phone laying around the house that they don't need or would like to get rid of, please let me know - I will gladly take it off your hands. As of now, I'm looking for other options also - let me know if you have any suggestions - please!

Another update I have for you is about the Tween Ministry. Caleb and I will be doing A LOT with this ministry as we have been put in charge (while accountable to the childrens ministry director) of most of the happenings. We will be planning events, Bible Studies, Jr. Church lessons, etc., and we are PSYCHED! As the school year approaches, we have already started planning the kick off event and hope to see many 4th and 5th graders come and join us in the fun and fellowship! While across state last month, we bought a few books with age appropriate lessons, fun stuff to do, and games in them. One of the books combines cooking up something yummy while learning/teaching a lesson. I'm really excited to see how effective these lessons and activities will be - knowing some of the kids who will be attending, I figured something with food would work great for object lessons and applications they can understand.. we'll see! I'll keep you updated =]

On a different light-hearted note, last night was fun. I worked until five, and then after the whole phone ordeal, my husband and I went out for pizza with my mom, sister, and grandpa. Grandpa had graciously taken mom into town to drop her lawn mower off, and they just kind of never made it home. I met up with them and we went out for pizza. Well, it just so happens that there's a family fun center attached to the pizza place. I had joked with my grandpa about a go-kart race earlier, and then we just decided to do it and hope he wouldn't object.. haha. So, after we ate, we went over and bought the tickets. He just kept shaking his head, and when we got in line, he walked in and got down into a kart. He laughed/grinned throughout the whole race (*sarcasm* -> I'm sure my husband bumping him and racing neck and neck the whole time had nothing to do with that). It was a lot of fun. He even walked over to the gate and watched another group of people race after we did ;) After that we tried to get him on the bumper boats... but I guess the go-karts were enough of a rush for him for one night =]

Grandpa in his go-cart


Me, Caleb, and my sister in the bumper boats

No comments:

Post a Comment