In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Do I Know of Holy?

"Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be.
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees"

Does the slightest hint of Christ bring us to our kness? Does it bring ME to my knees? Does it bring YOU to your knees? Good question, huh..  well, these are words from an Addison Road song called What Do I Know of Holy? and as I was listening to it this morning, I had another "heart soaring" moment like I told you about last year. Except this one was a different kind of free, it was like a feeling of pure reverence, pure awe, at who God is. How can we not have that feeling after thinking about this chorus:

What do I know of You, who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood, but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury? Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

..does that make you feel small?  It should. God is so big, so strong, and SO in control, and yet sometimes we fail to realize that. At the beginning of the song it says "..I think I made You too small. I never feared you at all.." Do we fear God? I think a lot of times we don't even think about 'fearing' Him, we just think about obeying. So, what is the definition of holy? Having a spiritually pure quality. So, what do we know of holy? Probably not very much.
Take a listen.Think about it. Challenge yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment