In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Thursday, October 4, 2012

Whats Up

This is how quite a fews go for me: rise'n'shine, work, home, walk, dinner, bed. This is the sight I see when we go for a walk.. head on is the channel going to Lake Michigan; passing through two marinas, and one that would go behind the onlooker. Beautiful, any day and any time.

Two Sundays ago, Caleb took me for a drive to show me where he had worked for a few days, some pumpkin patches, and miles and miles of turbines. I had never been this close to them before, so I couldn't help but take some pictures. In our corn fields they look like giants standing watch over their territory. They go for miles..
 



Look at the first picture of this post one more time. The peninsula the next few pictures are taken at, is where the left side of the first picture is.. it's only a couple hundred yards from one side to the other, but if you wanted to travel from one side to the other by anything other than boat, you have to drive south for about five minutes, turn west another five, and then go north yet another five minutes to be on that peninsula. However, the view is completely worth it. We drove here on our way back from looking at the turbines because it's gorgeous, and it's the only beach nearby where dogs are allowed.


Honey loves all the trails up and down the dunes :) She kept running up and down them and would run ahead a little bit them turn around and look at us as if to say; "Come on, hurry up! There's so much to see!" 



Sizzle steaks, with acorn squash and sauteed onions and peppers. I love to cook :) I have a lot of fun doing it... thankfully, ..because we have a few big eaters here. I can't imagine the size of the meals I'll have to make if we have a few teenage boys around someday though :0 yikes.

Our Honey is terrified of the mower (which I think is both good and bad..), so when Caleb put her up on his seat, it took all the she had to not jump down. She was shaking and wiggling, and it was so cute. She was ok after a while though.. considering it wasn't on or moving.


The fire dept. did a practice burn last Saturday.. except practically the whole town didn't think it was a practice burn. From the highway, it looked like something rather large was burning; huge billows of this thick black smoke were rolling high and over the highway. It made quite the spectacle, and many gawkers couldn't help but follow their curiosity to the end of the road to see what was happening.


This is  the latest project in our house: getting one more room done. The room is now completely livable. Caleb made the frame for the bed and the guys helped bring it upstairs on Tuesday, and there are now shades, a lamp, a complete vanity, and dresser all in place. Ready to go for whoever comes to visit! :)

And, finally, this is what I saw yesterday on our walk. Its just a few hundred yards up the walkway from the first picture of this post. The trees in the distance are the peninsula I talked about... and are absolutely stunning right now. Not to mention, it was misty/foggy yesterday, so it looked even more cool. I love this sight.




Well, thats it for now. Sorry the formatting is crazy, I can't get it to go how I wanted.. and its driving me nuts so I'm just going to leave it be :) Sometimes its better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment