In me, oh Lord, can You create: a pure heart, cause I'm afraid: that I just might run back to the things I hate


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lighthouses and Life

I was just stopping in to write, because apparently I'm not so great at keeping up on a blog.. probably should've known that already, because I never was able to keep up on a diary/journal either. oh welll.

I was staring at my page, and thinking how different it looked since I changed it from some green thing to one with a lighthouse on it. It reminded me how very much I miss summer. Where I live now, I can go to the beach anytime I want to watch the sunsets, walk the pier to the lighthouse, swim,..or just walk around. Its actually incredibly peaceful. I like going when not many people are out and walking along the pier... but thats just me. As far back as I can remember, I've always had this love for lighthouses. We used to come here for vacation and I'd miss it when we were away, maybe thats why. But as a child, I always had a great feeling when I was able to look up from what I was doing and see a lighthouse at the end of a pier..it made me feel like I was in one of those movies where the kids are growing up this perfect little beach town or whatnot. I know no towns are perfect, but yeah.

Lighthouses are generally used for ships, so they know when they are getting close to shore and can avoid being stranded, right? So, what are our present day lighthouses? Friends, family, God, organizations,..etc. Our lighthouses are things that keep us on track and where we need to be, instead of being shipwrecked or stranded somewhere without any help. We always have people around us who would love to help us.. we just have to look to them purposely sometimes..  sometimes we need to admit we need help, and just as people look for the light on the lighthouse, we have to seek them out to help us. Lighthouses are there to help us. Why not take advantage of our resources? Theres no shame in needing help.. we all need it at times. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment